Please allow me to begin this long overdue post by acknowledging the artist who generously shared the beautiful photo, that is my featured image, for Creative Commons use on Unsplash: Hannah Olinger. Thank you, Hannah, for sharing your creativity with the world!
I have held a few dreams in my mind and heart that I have wondered if they would come true:
- I would be able to ride my bike to work with a big basket on the front to carry my books. The bike in my mind’s eye is fuschia and there is an orange Gerber Daisy on the basket.
- I would one day teach in a Faculty of Education, pre-service teachers. The joy!
- I would happily drink 8, 8 fluid oz glasses of water every day without even thinking of it.
- I would own (and wear regularly at home) a big floppy hat with plumage and a matching robe that I earned through higher learning at a university of renown.
- I would see my own children graduate from post-secondary learning and embark on brave, independent life adventures of their own.
Well 2018, you are a blessing! Some of these dreams are shaping up. In the fall, I am beginning my EdD (Doctor of Education) as well as teaching in a Faculty of Ed. I am thrilled to share that I am teaching “The Principles of Teaching and Learning” to a new generation of teachers. While I do not live close enough to work to have the bike, drinking enough water daily is not a natural joy and my children are still en route to adulting some of my heart desires for my calling are being realized and I am happy.
Dreams are powerful harbingers of HOPE. May yours be likewise.